BURLINGTON, Vt.— The Sacred Heart men's soccer team (1-1-0) suffered its first loss of the season, falling to Vermont (3-0-0) 3-0 in game two of the Peter Baldwin Memorial Classic on Friday night.
The Pioneers were limited to just three shots on the game, while the Catamounts shot 15 times on their home turf. Senior Bernard Yeboah had the hot start for Vermont, netting his first goal just 5:33 into the game. He was assisted by Brian Wright and Arthur Bacquet. Yeboah got his second score of the game on a header off Wrights throw in just three minutes later at the 8:53 mark.Vermont would take the 2-0 lead to the half, Sacred Heart fired off two shot attempts before Wright nailed the final tally in the 69th minute off an assist by Loftur Eriksson to bring the final to 3-0.
The Pioneers will take on Bucknell in the final day of the Peter Baldwin Memorial classic on Sunday September 4 at 12:30pm.
- Freshman Goalkeeper Robert Strain gets his first save of the game at the 3:52 mark.
- Yeboah gets the first Vermont goal, assisted by Wright and Bacquet at 5-minute mark.
- Yeboah nets his second goal just three minutes later off of Wright's throw in.
- Oscar Curras fires the Pioneers first shot at the 11-minute mark, was saved by Eric Venezia.
- Shaquille Saunchez takes Sacred Heart's first corner at the 61st minute.
- Wright nets the last goal for Vermont in the 69th minute.