EMMITSBURG, Md. – The Sacred Heart men's track and field team finished the 2017 Northeast Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships, hosted by Mount St. Mary's, in fifth place Sunday.
The Pioneers finished the meet with 106 points, six behind fourth place Saint Francis U. Central Connecticut won the championship with 146.5 points, 12.5 points ahead of LIU Brooklyn. Mount St. Mary's was third with 124 points.
- Trevor Guerrera won both the 800 meters (1:52.70) and 1,500 meters (3:57.23) to give SHU 20 points. He was also part of the 4x400 meter relay with Joshua Beloff, Sebastian Pierre, and Brenden Twumasi-Ankrah that took fifth place in 3:20.42. Nicholas Pandolfo was fourth in the 1,500 with a time of 4:01.51.
- Patrick DiIorio also had a second place finish in the field, posting a throw of 57.52 meters in the javelin.
- Connor Rog finished third in the 5,000 meters in a time of 14:56.62.
- Jake Tavernite was seventh in the 3000 meter steeplechase (9:54.76).
- Rog took second in the 10,000 meters in 31:11.14.
- Beloff leapt 23'3.25" in the long jump to take third place.
- Kearns had a throw of 49'7.5" to take third place in the shot put. O'Brian Joslyn was seventh with a throw of 43'11". Kearns was also seventh in the discus with a mark of 131'10.25". David Roy was eighth in the discus with a throw of 125'8.5".
- Freshman Nicholas Pandolfo had the top qualifying time in the 1,500 meters (4:10.39). He was also part of SHU's 4x800m relay with Justin Klotz, Tim Loehner, and Jake Tavernite that took fifth place (8:17.08).
- Trevor Guerrera had the fifth-fastest qualifying time in the 800 meters (1:58.73). He also qualified for the 1,500 meter final.
- Jeffrey Young was sixth in the 100 meter hurdles prelims (15.09).
- Quaheem Dufane qualified for the 100 meter dash final in a time of 11.12 seconds.
- Sebastian Pierre qualified for the 400 meter final in a time of 50.30, 0.01 seconds ahead of CCSU's Zach Andrews for the eighth and final spot.