The Sacred Heart University men's outdoor track and field team finished the 2018 Northeast Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championship in sixth place.
The Pioneers recorded 62 points, seven points back of fifth place Wagner College. Mount St. Mary's claimed the team title just two points ahead of CCSU.
Senior Trevor Guerrera claimed the 1,500-meter title for the second straight year, crossing the finish line with a time of 4:05.25. He finished just .51 seconds ahead of Wagner's Nick Velez.
3,000 Meter Steeplechase
- Timothy Loehner finished sixth in the event with a time of 9:47.80.
- The Pioneers group of Quaheem Dufane, Elijah Pierson, Brenden Twumasi-Ankrah and Brandon Parker picked up three points with a time of 43.29 for sixth place.
1,500 Meter Run
- Guerrera picked up back-to-back titles in the event with his time of 4:05.25.
- Nicholas Pandolfo also recorded a time of 4:08.0 to finish in sixth place.
110 Meter Hurdles
- Jeffrey Young crossed the finish line with a time of 15.02 to sit in fifth place.
800 Meter Run
- Guerrera placed fourth in the event with a time of 1:56.32.
5,000 Meter Run
- Loehner clocked in with a time of 15:14.31 for seventh place.
4x400 M Relay