At the conclusion of the 2016-17 NCAA wrestling season, five Pioneers received EIWA All-Academic Award honors. Each of the five Pioneers appeared in the EIWA tournament at the conclusion of the season, with four of the five holding a GPA of 3.60 or better.
- Mark Boyle, who held the highest GPA for the Pioneers wrestled at 197 in the end of the season. Boyle holds a GPA of 3.82 and majors in Accounting. This is Marks first time being named to the All-Academic EIWA recognition.
- Elliott Antler, who was SHU's 184-pound starter for the season ended his campaign with a 3.60 GPA. Antler is majoring in communications and was also named to the 2015 EIWA All-Academic list. Antler who was a red-shirt junior this season plans to graduate from Sacred Heart come May.
- Matt Fisher rounded out the season as the 165-pound starter for the Pioneers. Fisher finished off the season with a 3.60 GPA, studying Exercise Science and plans to graduate from SHU come May. This is Matt's first time being named to the EIWA All-Academic list.
- Alex Harnsberger, ended the season as the starting 149 pounder for SHU. Harnsberger finished the season with a 3.60 GPA, and was named to the EIWA All-Academic list for the first time. Hansberger is studying accounting.
- Casey Mitchell rounds out the list of Pioneers receiving EIWA All-Academic honors. Mitchell finished the season with a 3.39 GPA, studying business administration. This is Casey's first time receiving this honor.