Setting the Scene... The Sacred Heart Women's Basketball Team looks to end the home stand with a win against LIU Brooklyn Monday night. The Pioneers hope to rebound from Saturday's loss to St. Francis Brooklyn in the 2012-13 Northeast Conference opener. The Blackbirds come into the William H. Pitt Center on a four-game losing streak after dropping the conference opener to Quinnipiac 59-48.
Series Notes... This is the 27th time in program history the Pioneers have played LIU Brooklyn
- The Pioneers lead the all-time series 14-12
- Sacred Heart has 10 wins against LIU Brooklyn at home
- The Pioneers and Blackbirds split last year with SHU winning at home 74-59 and LIU winning at home 74-68
SHU Against the NEC... Sacred Heart is 194-97 all-time against Northeast Conference opponents
- The Pioneers went 15-3 last season against the NEC, including three tournament wins en route to their third NEC Championship
- Sacred Heart only lost to Quinnipiac, Monmouth and LIU Brooklyn last year
- SHU has a winning record against all NEC teams: Central Connecticut State 26-12, Fairleigh Dickinson 22-1, LIU Brooklyn 14-12, Monmouth 17-11, Mount St. Mary's 22-4, Quinnipiac 34-25, Robert Morris 17-7, Saint Francis (PA) 13-8, St. Francis Brooklyn 21-9 and Wagner 18-8
Snapped!... The Pioneers' loss to St. Francis Brooklyn on Saturday snapped Sacred Heart's 15-game home win streak dating back to last season. On January 3, 2012, Quinnipiac handed SHU their worst NEC loss since joining the league in 1999-00. The Bobcats posted 71 points while holding Sacred Heart to just 34.
Last Season Against the Blackbirds...The Pioneers and Blackbirds split in the 2012-13 season. First, on January 7, 2012 at home in the William H. Pitt Center, the Pioneers took the win 74-59, kicking off a five-game winning streak. Towards the end of regular season, LIU Brooklyn claimed victory on their home court, 74-68.