Pioneers Match Up Against CCSU Monday Night
Setting the Scene... The Sacred Heart Women's Basketball Team looks to rebound Monday night against the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils after Quinnipiac handed the Pioneers their worst loss of the season 74-45 on Saturday. The Blue Devils (1-2 NEC) are coming into Monday's game off a win, having defeated the Bryant Bulldogs 59-50 at home in the Detrick Gymnasium.
Series Notes... This is the 39th time in program history the Pioneers have played Central Connecticut State
- The Pioneers lead the all-time series, 26-12
- Since joining the NCAA Division I Ranks, Sacred Heart is 22-6 against the Blue Devils
- Exactly 32 years after dropping their first meeting 74-55 in 1980, on January 21, 2012, the Pioneers don the last meeting 63-57 at home.
SHU Against the NEC... Sacred Heart is 195-98 all-time against Northeast Conference opponents
- The Pioneers went 15-3 last season against the NEC, including three tournament wins en route to their third NEC Championship
- Sacred Heart only lost to Quinnipiac, Monmouth and LIU Brooklyn last year
- SHU has a winning record against all NEC teams: Central Connecticut State 26-12, Fairleigh Dickinson 22-1, LIU Brooklyn 15-12, Monmouth 17-11, Mount St. Mary's 22-4, Quinnipiac 34-26, Robert Morris 17-7, Saint Francis (PA) 13-8, St. Francis Brooklyn 21-9 and Wagner 18-8
Last Season Against the Blue Devils...Sacred Heart picked up a pair of wins last season against Central Connecticut State. Early in the season, on December 3, the Pioneers traveled to New Britain for their first conference win of the season 53-40. Later in the season, on January 21, Sacred Heart claimed their seventh home victory of the season against the Blue Devils 63-57.