UMass Minuteman XC Invitational
September 10th, 2016
- The next SHU finisher was Senior Meghan Hutch, who finished in 18:44, which is 29 seconds faster than the time she ran on the course back in 2014.
- Sophomore Emma Cary ran a personal best of 18:56, finishing as the third SHU woman.
- Freshman Jacqueline Thorne was the fourth Sacred Heart runner to cross the line. Her time of 18:58 is the 13th fastest freshman time in program history.
- Lindsey Lucas made her first debut in the top 5, running a personal best time by 43 seconds of 18:59. She bested her 2014 performance on this course by 1:18 seconds.
*Other notable performances:
Sarah Bent (20:00) shaved 2:11 off her 2014 performance on this course
Caroline Conte (20:19) ran a new personal best
Lindsay Arcuri (20:26) shaved 1:18 off her last performance on this course
- Rookie Joshua Hadity was the second finisher for Sacred Heart, placing 19th overall and finishing in 19:44.
- After sitting out the season opener at St. Francis last week, Junior Trevor Guerrera made his season debut, finishing as the third man for the Pioneers in 19:58.
- Junior Andrew Handfield was the fourth man, coming across the line in 20:11, which is 57 seconds better than the time he ran on the course back in 2014.
- Freshman Gilmar Barrios was SHU's fifth man, crossing the line in 20:19.
- Freshman Carl Fortna (20:50) and sophomore Sean Kildare (20:55) rounded out the men's top 7.