FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Sacred Heart men's basketball schedule for the 2018-19 season became finalized Wednesday with the release of the Northeast Conference schedule.
Here are some of the key dates of the conference schedule:
- SHU opens with three of its first four games at the Pitt Center. The Pioneers open NEC play on Thursday, Jan. 3 against defending NEC Champions LIU Brooklyn, followed by a Jan. 5 matchup with Fairleigh Dickinson.
- After going to Wagner on Jan. 10, SHU hosts Bryant at the Pitt Center on Jan. 12.
- The Pioneers go on the road to take on St. Francis Brooklyn on Jan. 19, then return to the Pitt Center for a contest against Wagner on Jan. 21.
- SHU will then hit the road for three-straight contests. The Pioneers travel to western Pennsylvania to take on Robert Morris on Jan. 24, before taking on St. Francis (PA.) on Jan. 26.
- SHU then travels for a contest against Mt. Saint Mary's on Thursday, Jan. 31, before returning home to battle St. Francis Brooklyn on Feb. 2.
- The Pioneers swap home and road stints in February. SHU continues the month at the Pitt Center Feb. 7 against Fairleigh Dickinson and Feb. 9 against Mt. Saint Mary's. The Pioneers then go on the road to face Bryant and LIU Brooklyn Feb. 14 and 16.
- SHU's final road weekend starts Feb. 21 against Fairleigh Dickinson, with the final road game on Feb. 23 against Central Connecticut
- The regular season wraps up with SHU hosting Robert Morris and St. Francis (PA.) on Feb. 28 and Mar. 2.