Sacred Heart University men's basketball coach Anthony Latina officially announced the signing of Nico Galette (Hillsborough, N.J.) and Bryce Johnson (Stockton, Calif.) to National Letters of Intent. The duo will join the Pioneers Class of 2024.
"We are thrilled to have Nico and Bryce become a part of the Sacred Heart University basketball family," said Latina. "Both young men are extremely versatile players that will help us in many ways. Most importantly, they are both high character kids who come from great families and will improve our program both on and off the court."
The Pioneers have won three of their last four games and return to action at home on December 1st. SHU will host Pine Manor as part of the Bobcats Invitational. All youth in a basketball jersey will be admitted for $1.00 and those 12 and under can participate in a postgame shootaround on Coach Bike Court. In addition, the first 100 fans at the game will receive FREE Garden Catering.
BRYCE JOHNSON – FORWARD – POMFRET SCHOOL (St. Mary's High School)
- Helped St. Mary's to the Division 2 San Joaquin Section Title as a junior and senior
- Finished as the runner-up in the Division 2 Norcal Finals in the state tournament
- Named TCAL League MVP as a senior, leading St. Mary's to its second title in three years
- Three-time All-State, All-Area and All-League honoree
- Averaged 18.1 points, 12.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists as a senior
"Bryce has a versatile skill set that allows him to impact the game in many ways. He plays with great energy and effort and has shown the willingness to do whatever it takes to help his team win."
NICO GALETTE – FORWARD – RUTGERS PREP
- Earned All-Skyland Conference Team and Courier News All-Area Team after leading Rutgers Prep to an 18-9 record as a junior
- Averaged 8.4 points and 7.2 rebounds last season, and led the team in blocks and steals
- He helped Rutgers Prep to a 6-0 record in the NCAA's Inaugural June High School Live Period
- Played for the NJ Panthers in AAU
"Nico is a player that will be able play multiple positions for us on offense and guard almost every position on the floor on defense. Coming from an elite program he knows how play with other great players and understands what it takes to win."