BRIDGEPORT, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Ice Hockey team (7-13-3, 7-9-0 AHA) fell to Holy Cross this afternoon by a final score of 4-1. The Pioneers will hit the road for a five game road stand beginning on Tuesday when SHU takes on in-state rival UCONN. Puck-drop is set for 7:00 p.m.
- Both sides would shoot very little shots in the opening period as Holy Cross narrowly outshot the Pioneers eight shots to seven.
- The Crusaders would be the only team to score in the period as Ryan Liebold would score the opening goal at 7:02 to put Holy Cross ahead 1-0 at the end of one.
- A total of five penalties would be issued in the first period accounting for half of the games total penalties. While there were many penalties there would be no powerplay goals scored.
- The Pioneers would double the amount of shots taken in the first period as SHU outshot Holy Cross 14-6.
- But it would be the Crusaders that would score in the period as a goal by Michael Laffin at 10:43 in the period would put Holy Cross ahead 2-0.
- The third and final period of the game would be the most active just as the night before as a total of three goals would be scored in the period.
- The first goal of the period came from the Holy Cross side as Kevin Darrar would find the back of the net at 2:24 to put Holy Cross ahead 3-0.
- But then thirteen minutes later in the period sophomore Marc Johnstone would tally his third goal of the season off a pair of assists by senior Mike Lee and junior Max Luukko to tighten the Holy Cross lead to 3-1.
- Holy Cross would respond in the final minutes as Anthony Vincent would put the game away with a goal at 16:15 to give Holy Cross the eventual 4-1 victory.