BRIDGEPORT, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Ice Hockey team (12-14-3, 11-10-0 AHA) had their five game winning streak snapped this morning as the Pioneers fell to RIT 2-0. The team looks to split the two game series tomorrow at 2:05 p.m.
- Neither side would be able to tally a goal in the first period as SHU would outshoot RIT 12 shots while holding the Tigers to just four.
- Both sides would have a shot at the power-play to tally the first goal of the game but neither would succeed keeping the score a 0-0 heading into the second period.
- The total number of shots in the period would increase as SHU would tally nine while RIT took 10 in the period.
- The Tigers would tally the opening goal of the game at 1:39 in the second period off a shorthanded goal by Shawn Cameron off assists by Chris McKay and Will Calverley to put RIT ahead 1-0.
- But the Tigers would not let the period end without scoring one more in the period as at 14:17 Jordan Peacock would slip a goal just passed the netminder freshman Josh Benson to put the Tigers ahead 2-0 as a pair of assists would be granted to Jake Joffe and Zach Salloum.
- The two goals were the only ones needed for RIT to walk away with the 2-0 victory over the Pioneers.
- SHU did have its chances as the Pioneers had six skaters for the last two minutes of the game but were unable to find the back of the net as they tallied 17 in the third while the defense did hold its ground allowing just two shots on goal by RIT to keep the game within range.
- The game would be all about the amazing goaltending by RIT's Logan Drackett as she tallied 39 saves in the game while allowing zero goals.