FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sacred Heart head men's lacrosse coach Jon Basti has announced the Pios schedule for the upcoming 2019 season. The slate features 14 regular season contests, including six home matches at Campus Field.
- The season-opener is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 9 at reigning Big East champion, Georgetown. The Hoyas earned an auto bid to the NCAA tournament last season, where they took second-ranked Johns Hopkins to overtime.
- After a matchup against Furman in Radnor, Pa the following weekend, SHU will host its home opener against Boston University on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
- On Saturday, Feb. 23, SHU will host Fairfield University in the first Division I matchup between the two crosstown rivals and after a two-decade hiatus in the series. The game will also serve as the team's Heart-to-Heart game.
- The team will then hit the road for three straight matches to begin the month of March at Providence, Stony Brook and Hartford.
- The Pioneers will welcome reigning Northeast Conference champion Robert Morris to Campus Field on Saturday, March 16 for the conference opener.
- SHU will host Hobart one week later on March 23 for Military Appreciation Day.
- After hitting the road for two more games, SHU will return home on April 13 for a rematch of last year's NEC semifinals against Saint Joseph's, before taking on Binghamton in a non-conference matchup on April 16.
- The regular season concludes on April 27 on Staten Island against Wagner.
Sacred Heart is coming off its third NEC Tournament appearance in the last five years after posting a 7-8 (3-3 NEC) mark in 2018.