PROVIDENCE, R.I.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Soccer team fell to Providence this afternoon by a final score of 4-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Wednesday, Sept. 18 when SHU hosts Iona. Kick-off is set for 4:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers were outshot by the Friars in the opening half as Providence would tally 11 while SHU was held to just two.
- The Friars struck first as a goal by Davis Smith at 5:41 put Providence ahead 1-0 early in the game.
- Providence scored one more goal in the opening half coming off the foot of Andualem Chisholm at 32:43 to put the Friars ahead 2-0 heading into the second half.
- The Pioneers continued to struggle in attempting shots in the second half as SHU was unable to even attempt a single shot in the half due to the Friars tight defense.
- Meanwhile, Providence was able to take 13 shots in the half.
- At 53:44 in the half the Friars would tally the teams third goal of the game coming off the foot of Danny Griffin to increase Providence's lead to 3-0.
- The Friars would score one more goal at 80:13 coming from Kevin Vang to give the Friars the 4-0 victory over SHU.