The Sacred Heart University men's soccer team fell 2-1 to visiting non-conference foe Iona College, Wednesday afternoon on Park Avenue Field.
Iona opened the scoring in the 53rdminute and built a 2-0 lead with a goal at the77:02 mark. The Pioneers goal came in the 89thminute of play.
SHU returns to action on Saturday at 1pm, on Park Avenue Field, when they host Siena.
- Malcolm Moreno carried the ball into the 18 and played it across to Romero Najim, who touched the ball to the foot of Lenworth Lopez and into the back of the net for a 1-0 lead
- Iona took the 2-0 lead as Eimantas Lotuzys dribbled into the box at the far post, fed Mauro Bravo who beat the keeper near side
- The Pioneers got one back with an odd man rush, that Navarro collected and went to the center of the net, to cut the deficit in half
By The Numbers
- SHU finished with a 15-13 advantage in shots
- Guiliano Santucci stopped eight shots, five in the second-half, to earn the win for Iona
- Joshua Inkel made three saves for the Pioneers
- Iona recorded eight corners, seven in the first half, to the Pioneers one
- SHU falls to 1-5 on the year, while Iona improves to 3-2