FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Soccer team tied this afternoon's game with LIU 0-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, October 18 when the Pioneers host Mount Saint Mary's. Kick-off is set for 3:00 p.m.
- LIU would outshot the Pioneers seven shots to five in the opening half.
- Senior goalie Robert Strain would tally three saves in the half.
- SHU was only able to tally one shot on goal but would be saved keeping the game scoreless heading into the second half.
- The shot totals would flip in the second half as the Pioneers would outshoot the Sharks 7-5 in the half.
- In the half both sides would be restricted to no goals due to strong goaltending as Strain recorded two saves while LIU tallied three.
- As a result of the strong defensive effort by both sides the game would head into overtime.
- A total of two shots would be taken in overtime as the defense remained strong on both sides.
- Strain would be the only one to make a save in OT and allowed no goals.
- The game would end in a 0-0 tie.
- Segundo Navarro led the Pioneers with eight shots on the day with two on goal.