FAIRFIELD, CT- The Sacred Heart University Men's Soccer team tied Fairleigh Dickinson this afternoon 0-0 as tight defense was the key highlight of the game. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday Oct. 18 when SHU hosts Mount Saint Mary's. Kick-off is set for 3:00 p.m.
- Both sides would be limited in shots in the opening half as SHU was outshot by the Knights 3-6.
- Strong defense by SHU in the opening half made light work for senior goalie Robert Strain as he only recorded one save in the opening half.
- The Pioneers would have a shot to take the lead as they would attempt two corners in the half but both were unsuccessful in the opening half to keep the game at 0-0.
- Fairleigh Dickinson would increase its attack as a they would attempt 12 shots in the second half while holding SHU to just one.
- While the Knights took many shots in the half, Strain would only have to save four of those shots.
- Neither team would be able to score in the half sending the game to overtime
- The Knights would be the only team able to fire off a shot in overtime as they attempted six total while the defense held SHU to zero shots the entire overtime.
- Neither side would be able to score though resulting in the Pioneers second straight tie by a score of 0-0.
- 25 fouls were committed the entire game.
- Senior goalie Robert Strain tallied six saves on the day.
- SHU's record becomes 1-8-2 overall while being 0-2-2 in conference play.