LORETTO, Pa.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Soccer team fell to Saint Francis this afternoon by a final score of 1-0. SHU will return to action on Saturday, Nov. 2 when the Pioneers travel to face St. Francis Brooklyn. Kick-off is set for 7:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers outshot the Red Flash 7-5 in the opening half while attempting four shots on goal but none would find the back of the net.
- Senior goalie Robert Strain would make light work in the opening period recording just two saves on two shots faced.
- SHU had three chances to score off the corner kick in the opening half as well but would be unsuccessful in the attempts.
- SHU was held to just five shots in the second half while Saint Francis fired off 11 in the half.
- The Pioneers attempted three shots on goal while SFU tallied four on goal in the second half.
- Neither side would be able to score until the final twenty minutes of play when the Red Flash would score off a penalty kick goal off the foot of Lucas Rosa at 71:22 to push Saint Francis to the 1-0 victory.
- Senior goalie Robert Strain tallied five saves on 15 shots faced.
- The Pioneers drop to 2-10-2 on the year and 1-4-2 in conference play.
- SFU improves to 8-5-0 overall and 5-2-0 in NEC play.