NEW HAVEN, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Men's tennis team picked up its second straight Northeast Conference victory as the team defeated Mount Saint Mary's by a final score of 4-3. The Pioneers will return to action on Wednesday Apr. 10 when SHU travels to face St. John's. Matches begin at 7:00 p.m.
In singles play, four Pioneers would pick up victories starting with junior Seiji Hosokowa as he defeated Jackson Wood 5-7, 6-4, 6-4. First-year William Wibmer would then defeat Parth Sharma 6-0, 6-1 followed by a victory by junior Lauren Chris Sause who defeated Gabriel Santos 3-6, 6-4, 6-1. Senior Brian Einstoss would defeat Evan Hine 6-3, 5-7, 7-6 (2).
In doubles play, SHU would fall in all three matches.
1. Seiji Hosokowa (SHU1) def. Jackson Wood (MSM) 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
2. William Wibmer (SHU1) def. Parth Sharma (MSM) 6-0, 6-1
3. Chris Sause (SHU1) def. Gabriel Santos (MSM) 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
4. Alonso Garcia (MSM) def. Luca Casalduc Pla (SHU1) 5-7, 7-5, 6-3
5. Jean Armstrong (MSM) def. Francisco Del Valle (SHU1) 4-6, 6-3, 7-5
6. Bryan Einstoss (SHU1) def. Evan Hine (MSM) 6-3, 5-7, 7-6 (7-2)
2. Evan Hine/Jean Armstrong (MSM) def. Luca Casalduc Pla/Bryan Einstoss (SHU1) 6-1