STORRS, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Tennis team concluded day one of play at the UCONN Invitational this afternoon. The Pioneers will continue the dual invite tomorrow with a match against Merrimack. The match will begin at 12:30 p.m.
SHU would only pick up one win in both singles and doubles play as junior Lucca Casalduc Pla defeated Alex Yu 6-4, 7-5. In doubles play, the duo of senior Seiji Hosokawa and sophomore William Wibmber picked up a win defeating Yili Zheng and Evan Powell 8-1.
1. Yili Zheng (UCONN) def. Seiji Hosokawa (SHU) 6-4, 2-6, 10-8
2. John Holtmann (UCONN) def. Matic Podlipnik (SHU) 6-3, 7-6 (10-4)
3. Evan Powell (UCONN) def. Ayman Khan (SHU) 6-3, 6-4
4. Rami Scheetz (UCONN) def. Peter Roessel (SHU) 6-4, 6-2
5. Luke Riemann (UCONN) def. Tyler Lowe (SHU) 7-5, 0-6, 10-5
6. Lucca Casalduc-Pla (SHU) def. Alex Yu (UCONN) 6-4, 7-5