The Sacred Heart University men's indoor track and field team performed well at its second meet of the calendar year, the Albany Great Dane Classic at Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island, N.Y. The Pioneers had two student-athletes post New England qualifying performances on the day.
SHU returns to action on January 19 at the Quadrangular Meet in Boston. The Pioneers will compete with Boston University, Boston College and UMass Lowell.
- Christian Turner had a throw of 15.76m in the shot put, good for fourth place and a New England qualifying effort, and remains second in the NEC in the event
- Cameron Croce also posted a New England qualifier, placing seventh in the weight throw with a 16.43m throw and remains second in the league in the event
- Jeffrey Young earned 10thin the 60, hurdles, with a run of 8.55, after posting a qualifying time fast enough to pass the first round of preliminaries
- Moetiz Shilleh was the Pioneers top finisher in the 1000m, posting a time of 2:35.12
- Nicholas Pelletier posted a 52.29 run in the 400m, tops for SHU on Saturday