The Sacred Heart University men's track and field team competed at the Boston Quadrangular meet on Saturday afternoon and came home with a pair of first-place finishes.
The Pioneers return to action on Saturday, travelling back to Boston to compete at the John Thomas Terrier Men's Invitational.
- Croce won the weight throw with a mark of 16.29, while Young ran a time of 8.40 in the hurdles
- Sean Mefford placed second in the long jump, with a leap of 6.67m
- Christian Turner also brought home a second-place finish, with a IC4A qualifying throw of 15.11m in the shot put
- Corry Brinken and Michael Somoza both earned berths in the 60m dash final, with Brinken's best time on the day a 7.37 and Somoza's at 7.25
- Brinken was the Pioneers top finisher in the 200m as well, with a personal-best run of 23.13
- Moetiz Shilleh was the top finisher for SHU in the 800m with a time of 1:58.36.