The Sacred Heart University men's indoor track and field team competed at the John Thomas Terrier Men's Invitational Saturday, hosted by Boston University. The days competition was highlighted by New England qualifier and a pair of season-best runs.
SHU returns to action February 1-2 at the New England Championships at the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston, Mass.
- Christian Turner finished eighth in the shot, with a throw of 15.38m, a New England Qualifying standard and maintains his second-place ranking in the NEC
- Cameron Croce finished eighth in the weight throw, with a toss of 15.67m and ranks third in the NEC list for the season
- Dane Krchnavy was the Pioneers top finisher in the 5000m with a run of 15:33.49, and currently ranks him second on the NEC performance list
- Moetiz Shilleh (4:22.99) and Jake Tavernite (4:24.71) both posted season-bests runs in the mile
- Corry Brinken was the Pioneers top finisher in the 200m, with a time of 23.18
- Gavin Thurlow ran a time of 2:01.32 in the 800m