FAIRFAX, Va. – The Sacred Heart men's track and field team grabbed seven Top 10 finishes on Saturday at the George Mason Springtime Invitational. Five of those Top 10 finishers established new personal-bests while Christian Turner and Michael Kearns in the shot put were the highest-finishers on the day for the Pioneers.
- Turner scored a third-place finish in the shot put, throwing 16.24m
- Kearns placed fourth with a throw of 16.20m
- Both throws established new personal-bests for Turner and Kearns while also both meeting New England qualifying standards
- Turner and Kearns' throws at George Mason put the pairing first and second, respectively, in the conference standings
- Turner completed an outstanding day with a personal-best hammer throw of 51.44 which puts him in second in the NEC in that event
- Quaheem Dufane's 100m time of 10.89 seconds is a new personal-best and just 0.01 seconds shy of meeting New England standards while his time put him seventh in the conference
- Dufane also ran a personal-best time of 22.36 seconds in the 200m
- Other Top 10 finishers on the day included:
- The SHU 4x100m relay team of Michael Somoza, Dufane, Devon Guerrier-Heyward and Brandon Parker also showed well, running in a season-best time of 42.54 seconds
The Pioneers resume competition this week on Friday at the Larry Ellis Invitational and on Saturday with the Mark Young Yale Invitational.