ST. ALBANS, VT – Racing in the picturesque surroundings in northern Vermont, the Sacred Heart men's cross country team placed fourth out of four teams on Saturday in the Fall Foliage Invitational hosted by the University of Vermont. New Hampshire claimed the team victory with 32 points while the Pioneers took fourth with 135 team points on the day.
- Competing in the Fall Foliage Invitational for the second straight season, several Pioneers posted significant improvements from last season's trip to Vermont
- Junior Moetiz Shilleh led the way once again for SHU, placing 25th overall with a time of 26:02.4 on the afternoon
- Shilleh was nearly a full minute faster than his time of 26:58.3 he posted in the 2018 Fall Foliage Invitational
- Through five meets in 2019, Shilleh has placed first on the team in all five events
- Sophomore Corey Picard was next to cross the line for SHU as he placed 43rd overall amongst a field of 94 competitors with a time of 26:53.1
- Rounding out the competitors who scored for SHU was junior Ryan Corbett (53rd, 27:14.8), senior Nicholas Pandolfo (60th, 27:48.7) and senior Gavin Thurlow (64th, 27:53.7)
- A bevy of runners took to the course for SHU as 18-of-20 members of the roster competed in the 8k event
Looking to improve in the final meet before the NEC Championships, the Pioneers head back to Stanley Quarter Park for the CCSU Mini Meet on Friday, Oct. 25. This is the second time SHU will be competing at the host site of the 2019 NEC Championships which are set for Saturday, Nov. 2.