SACRED HEART (6-9, 3-1 NEC) VS BRYANT (8-7, 3-1)
Scouting the Bulldogs…
- Bryant comes into Saturday's NEC competition owning a 8-7 record after the non conference slate. The Recently opened up NEC play taking on St. Francis Brooklyn where they lost 63-47
- The Bulldogs have been a three game winning streak since, beating LIU Brooklyn (62-53), Mount St. Mary's (78-62), and Fairleigh Dickinson (56-48)
- Going into Saturdays contest the Bulldogs lead the NEC in free throw percentage (.771), rebounding (40.7 RPG), and defensive rebounds (27.27 per game)
Inside the Series…
- SHU leads the all-time series with Bryant 13-10, and currently have a one game winning streak after splitting a pair of games last season.
- The match-up sits at 7-4, in the past five seasons. The last time Bulldogs picked up a victory over the Pioneers was 1/30/16 in a regular season game that ended 61-59
- These two teams have a history of keeping games close, the last time a game was decided beyond double digits was 1/28/13 where SHU won 62-44
SHU Against the NEC…
- The Pioneers are 213-93 against Northeast Conference opponents all-time, and 202-71 during the Division I era
- Sacred Heart has winning records against all league foes, posting winning records against Bryant (13-10), Central Connecticut (30-17), Fairleigh Dickinson (27-3), LIU Brooklyn (18-16), Mount St. Mary's (29-5), Robert Morris (23-10), St. Francis Brooklyn (26-12), Saint Francis U (22-11) and Wagner (25-9)
- SHU is the only team to make the NEC Tournament every year while a member of the league dating back to the 1999-00 season
Name (GP/GS) PPG RPG APG MPG
Adaysha Williams 11.8 4.5 3.5 36.6
Hannah Kimmel 14.6 7.3 1.2 33.6
Shelby Hickey 2.6 3.6 1.2 22.4
Kelcey Castro 13 2 2 30.5
Erin Storck 0 3.5 0 15
Tykera Carter 4.5 2 .5 6.5
Katherine Haines 4 5 2 23
Kimmel vs. The Bulldogs...
Hannah Kimmel has posted double digit scoring against the Seahawks in four of her six games averaging 14.6 PPG. She recently has put up 22 points in the last two matchups with the bulldogs. Kimmel comes into Mondays game averaging 14.5 PPG and 6.4 RPG. She has recorded double digit scoring in all four NEC games this season.
Pioneers on the Road...
Sacred Heart goes into Monday's game 3-6 on the road after most recently beating Wagner in dominating fashion, 70-56, earlier this week. The Pioneers picked up their first two wins of the season on the road against Fairfield, 56-44, and Binghamton, 77-69.
Senior Hannah Kimmel has been nothing short of great in her time at Sacred Heart. Kimmel recently broke 1,500 career points in the game against Central Connecticut last Saturday, and is just 24 points away from moving up the all time Career point leader board to 6th in Pioneer history.
Katherine Haines has made a statement after missing last season. She now is averaging 10.5 RPG and 13.75 PPG in the start of NEC competition.
The Sacred Heart starting five has showed great success in putting points on the board. For the fourth game in a row, SHU has had at least three Pioneers post double digits points. Kelcey Castro led the way with 16 points against Wagner, while Hannah Kimmel tallied 12, and Katherine Haines recorded 12 points as the Pioneers went on to beat the Seahawks of Wagner 70-56.