SACRED HEART (7-9, 4-1 NEC) VS ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN (5-11, 3-2 NEC)
GAME 17 *Brooklyn Heights, N.Y.* *Pope Physical Education Center*
Scouting the Terriers...
- Bryant comes into Saturday's NEC competition owning a 5-11 record after the non-conference slate. The Recently opened up NEC play taking on Bryant where they won 63-47
- The Terriers have been a one game winning streak since, falling to Saint Francis U. St. Francis Brooklyn has picked up wins against, Robert Morris (56-49), and LIU Brooklyn (56-54)
- Going into Mondays contest the Terriers don't lead any major categories in the NEC. Although Maria Palarino leads the NEC in field goal PCT with .548
Inside the Series...
- SHU leads the all-time series with St. Francis Brooklyn 26-13, and currently have a two game winning streak after sweeping the Terriers last season
- The match-up sits at 4-3, in the past three seasons. The last time the Terriers picked up a victory over the Pioneers was 3/8/15 in a post season game that ended 77-59
- SHU's Adaysha Williams, and Kimmel have started in all seven games against the Terriers, going into Monday's game with a 4-3 record
SHU Against the NEC...
- The Pioneers are 214-93 against Northeast Conference opponents all-time, and 203-71 during the Division I era
- Sacred Heart has winning records against all league foes, posting winning records against Bryant (14-10), Central Connecticut (30-17), Fairleigh Dickinson (27-3), LIU Brooklyn (18-16), Mount St. Mary's (29-5), Robert Morris (23-10), St. Francis Brooklyn (26-12), Saint Francis U (22-11) and Wagner (25-9)
- SHU is the only team to make the NEC Tournament every year while a member of the league dating back to the 1999-00 season
Name (GP-GS) PPG RPG APG MPG
Adaysha Williams (7-7) 10.3 2.8 3.6 33
Hannah Kimmel (7-7) 15.3 7.1 1.4 31.7
Shelby Hickey (7-4) 3.6 1.6 1.1 21
Kelcey Castro (2-2) 13.5 1.5 2.5 33.5
Tykera Carter (4-0) 2.8 1.25 1 10.25
Erin Storck (2-0) 1.5 1.5 .5 18
Katherine Haines (3-0) 3.3 2 .6 8.3
Kimmel vs. The Terriers...
Hannah Kimmel has posted double digit scoring against the Terriers in five of her seven games averaging 15.3 PPG. She recently has put up 18 and 17 points in the last two matchups with the Terriers. Kimmel comes into Monday's game averaging 13.9 PPG and 6.4 RPG. She has recorded double digit scoring in four of her five NEC games this season.
Pioneers on the Road...
Sacred Heart goes into Monday's game 4-6 on the road after most recently beating Bryant in dominating fashion, 65-53, earlier this week. The Pioneers picked up their first two wins of the season on the road against Fairfield, 56-44, and Binghamton, 77-69.
Haines Tough In The Paint...
Katherine Haines has now posted double digit scoring in her last five NEC games. Haines shot .600 from the field (6-10) Saturday against Bryant, and .750 from the field (7-11) against Wagner last Monday. She is third in the NEC in field goal PCT with .508