FAIRFIELD, Conn. – With just under three months to go before the start of the regular season, the Sacred Heart women's basketball team has unveiled its 2018-19 Northeast Conference schedule, following an announcement by the NEC on Wednesday.
Some key dates during the upcoming conference schedule include:
- Conference play will being with two home games at the Pitt Center on Jan. 5 against Central Connecticut and Jan. 7 versus LIU Brooklyn.
- SHU will hit the road to take on Wagner on Jan. 12, then return home two days later to take on Bryant.
- After hosting St. Francis Brooklyn on Jan. 19, the Pioneers will once again return home to take on Wagner on Jan. 21.
- SHU will head out for a two-game western Pennsylvania trip on Jan. 26 and 28th to take on Saint Francis U. (Pa.) and Robert Morris, respectively.
- SHU will host a three game homestand at the Pitt Center to start off February, taking on the likes of St. Francis Brooklyn (Feb. 2), Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 9) and Fairleigh Dickinson (Feb. 11).
- The team's longest road trip of the season will take place from Feb. 16-25 when the Pioneers will visit Bryant, LIU Brooklyn, Central Connecticut and Fairleigh Dickinson.
- Saint Francis (Mar. 2) and Robert Morris (Mar. 4) will visit the Pitt Center in early March, before the regular season concludes on Mar. 7 at Mount St. Mary's.
- For the second consecutive year, the top two seeds will serve as "pods" for the quarterfinal and semifinal rounds of the NEC Tournament on March 11 and 14. The NEC Championship Game will be held at the highest remaining seed on March 17.
All game Times for the 2017-18 season will be announced at a later date. Fans interested in season tickets can email PioneerTickets@sacredheart.edu.