FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Basketball team kicks off its Northeast Conference slate against in state rival Central Connecticut State on Saturday. Tip-off is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. and can be viewed on NEC Front Row.
- Sacred Heart kicks off its Northeast Conference slate against in state rival Central Connecticut State on Saturday.
- The Pioneers are facing Central Connecticut for the 50th time in program history. SHU currently leads the series 30-19.
- The Pioneers are scoring an average of 71.8 points per game when the outcome was a win for the Pioneers.
- As a team, SHU ranks second in the NEC in scoring defense (62.7) and ranks fifth in scoring offense (60.1), ninth in rebounding margin (-10.5) and seventh 3FG made/game (5.6)
- The Pioneers as a team rank sixth in the NEC in three-point percentage as they rack up 31.3% from beyond the arc.
THE BENCH CAN BRUTALIZE OPPONENTS
- The Sacred Heart bench scores an average of 12.4 points per game and proved itself a key weapon against New Hampshire as the bench tallied 21 points against the Wildcats.
SPREADING THE WEALTH
- The Pios had four players score in double figures in the win against Manhattan as Katherine Haines (19), Adrianne Hagood (17) and Erin Storck (14) and Allyson Murphy (10) each scored double digit points in the Pioneers 74-46 win.
STORCK SOARS HIGH
- Graduate Student Erin Storck currently is first on team in points this season with a total of 130 on the year. She is currently averaging 11.8 points per game which is second on the team. Storck compiled 19 points in the loss against Kentucky.
HAGOOD MAKES THE TEAM GOOD
- Sophomore Adrianne Hagood currently is third on team in points per game as she currentley averages 11.4 points per game.
- Hagood tallied 14 points and three rebounds against #18 Kentucky. She has tallied double digit scoring in the two of the past three games this season.
- SHU fell 71-43 to #18 Kentucky down in Lexington on December 29. The Pioneers fell to 4-7 on the year, while the Wildcats improved to 13-1.
- Graduate student Erin Strock led the Pioneers in scoring as she racked up 19 points going 6-17 from the field and going 3-6 from beyond the arc.
- Sophomore Adrianne Hagood was not far behind tallying 14 points and three boards. Graduate student Katherine Haines tallied 12 boards while contributing four points.
SCOUTING THE BLUE DEVILS
- The Blue Devils are coming off a recent loss to Hartford 54-52 to drop Central Connecticut States record to 3-7 overall on the year.
- Senior guard Kiana Patterson currently leads the team in points per game as she averages 16.9 a game. She is currently the only player on the Blue Devils that scores in double digits per game.
- Central Connecticut State currently ranks seventh in the NEC in scoring offense tallying 57.1 points per game while the Blue Devils rank third in the NEC in scoring defense holding opponets to 63.3 points a game.
- From three point land, CCSU is led by Ashley Forkner who is currently shooting 85.7% from beyond the arc.
- On the defensive front the Blue Devils are led by sophomore guard Emma McCamus who averages 1.2 steals a game.
- Opponetts are currently out-rebounding the Blue Devils 40.3 to just 36.9 a game.