SHELTON, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team defeated Post in a rescheduled game by a final score of 7-0 this afternoon. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday Feb. 1 when the team travels to face Franklin Pierce. Puck-drop is set for 7:30 p.m.
- Within the first thirty seconds of the game the Pioneers would jump out to an early 1-0 off a goal by freshman Anna Klein off a pair of assists by Katie Stueve and Lilly Cleary.
- The Pioneers would out shoot the Eagles 27-3 in the opening period while in total, SHU would nab three goals.
- The second goal of the period would come at 1:04 in the period off a goal by freshman Kennedy Spiering to put the Pioneers ahead 2-0.
- Then at 3:09 in the first Jayne Lewis would score the final goal of the period to put the Pioneers up 3-0 at the end of one.
- SHU would tally two goals in the second period as the first would come off the stick of Katie Stueve at 10:34 while assists were given to freshman duo Nicole Guidi and Anna Klein to put the Pioneers up 4-0.
- The Pioneers would score one more goal in the second as senior Haley Payne would tally her first goal of the day in closing seconds of the period at 19:23 to put SHU up 5-0.
- Payne would hurt the Eagles again this time in the third period off an unassisted goal at 18:53 to put the Pioneers head 6-0.
- Then in the final seconds of the period, junior Victoria Grimmer would nab a goal at 19:34 to close the game with the Pioneers coming out victorious by a final score of 7-0.