HAMDEN, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team fell to Quinnipiac tonight by a final score of 6-0. The Pioneers look to even the series tomorrow as they face the Bobcats for a 3:00 p.m. puck-drop.
- The Pioneers would be outshot in the opening period as SHU would only be able to salvage eight shots while Quinnipiac tallied 34.
- Impressive defense by sophomore goalie Frankie Sanchez would halt the Bobcats attack as she would record 25 saves and allowed zero goals.
- The Pioneer's tallied six shots on goal but none would be able to split by the goalie to keep the score even at 0-0 heading into the second period.
- SHU was more aggresive in the second period tallying 10 shots in the period while the defense for SHU held Quinnipiac to 16 shots in the period.
- Quinnipiac would tally three goals in the second period first coming off the stick of Allison Roethke at 2:09 to give the Bobcats a 1-0 lead.
- Then 11 minutes into the period Quinnipiac would strike again this time with a goal by Kenzie Hauswirth at 11:11 to put the Bobcats ahead 2-0.
- The third goal of the period came at 18:15 as Renee Saltness found the back of the net to end the second period with Quinnipiac up 3-0.
- Quinnipiac remained dominate in the third period as the Bobcats tallied another three goals in the period.
- SHU was outshot in the third 19-8 as the Pioneers would only be able to tally five shots on goal in the period.
- The Bobcats scored early as at 0:39 in the period Hauswirth tallied her second goal of the game to put Quinnipiac ahead 4-0.
- Nine minutes later, the Bobcats struck again with a power-play goal by Sarah Godbout at 8:09 to put Quinnipiac ahead 5-0.
- The final blow to the Pioneers came at 13:59 off a power-play goal by Kate Riley to give the Bobcats the 6-0 victory.