HAMDEN, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team fell to Quinnipiac this afternoon by a final score of 5-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, November 8 when SHU hosts LIU. Puck-drop is set for 4:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers would be outshot by the Bobcats in the opening period 13-5.
- While the shot total was high for Quinnipiac the SHU defense would only let up one goal in the opening period.
- The goal came at 05:58 in the period off the stick of Taylor House with an assist by Lexie Adzija and Ally Watrous to put the Bobcats ahead 1-0 heading into the second period.
- Quinnipiac's defense held the Pioneers to just four shots in the second period while the Bobcats were able to tally 22 in the period.
- Quinnipiac would capitalize on the many shots taken as they tallied three goals in the second while holding SHU to none.
- The first goal came at 08:39 in the period off the stick of Kati Tabin to put Quinnipiac ahead 2-0. An assist would be credited to Kate Reilly.
- The Bobcats third goal of the game would occur four minutes later as Lexie Adzija would find the back of the net to put the Bobcats ahead 3-0 at 12:54.
- Sadie Peart would record the third goal of the period at 13:07 in the period to make the score 4-0 heading into the third.
- The Pioneers were outshot in the third 12-5 by the Bobcats.
- Quinnipiac would tally one more goal in the game to take a 5-0 lead off a goal by Taylor House at 12:40 in the third.
- At the end of the night sophomore goalie Frankie Sanchez would record 42 saves on 47 shots on goal attempts.