ROCHESTER, N.Y.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team dropped the second game of the two-game set to RIT this afternoon by a final score of 3-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, January 10 when SHU hosts NEWHA rival Saint Michael's. Puck-drop is set for 4:00 p.m. at the Rinks in Shelton, CT.
- The Pioneers were held to just five shots on goal while RIT fired off 11.
- The SHU defense was tight as the team was able to prevent RIT from capitalizing on the power-play as the Tigers went 0-2 on the man-advantage.
- The Pioneers dominated faceoff's as SHU won 12 while RIT took just eight.
- Neither team scored in the period as the first closed with the game at 0-0.
- SHU was held to just six shots on goal in the period while the Tigers attempted 13.
- Less than three minutes into the period, RIT got on the board courtesy of a goal by Jaymee Nolan 2:51 in the second to put the Tigers ahead 1-0.
- SHU had a power-play opportunity in the second period but were unable to even the score up before the closing of the period keeping the score in favor of RIT 1-0.
- The Pioneers couldn't find much opportunities in the third period to score as they were held to just eight shots on goal while RIT fired off 22 shots on goal.
- SHU had no power-play opportunities in the period while the Tigers did not score on two man-advanatge chances.
- RIT did score twice in the period, first coming off the stick of Nolan for her second of the game coming 4:47 in the period.
- Then less than a minute late 5:40 in the third, Abby Davies slipped a goal passed sophomore goalie Frankie Sanchez to seal the 3-0 win for the Tigers.
- SHU tallied just 19 shots on goal in the game while RIT fired off 46 shots.
- Sophomore goalie Frankie Sanchez tallied 43 saves on 46 shots faced in the game.
- Neither team scored on the power-play as SHU went 0-1 while RIT went 0-4.
- Sophomore Kelly Solak led the Pioneers with four shots on goal on eight shots attempted.
- SHU drops to 8-10 overall on the year while RIT improves to 8-10-2 overall.