Sacred Heart University women's lacrosse head coach Laura Korutz announced the Pioneers 2019 schedule Thursday afternoon. The 16-game slate will feature eight home games, seven Northeast Conference opponents and a game with crosstown rival, Fairfield University.
"Our 2019 slate is one that will challenge our student-athletes and prepare them for the rigors of NEC play," said Korutz. "Our fall ball season was very successful and I am excited about the season that lays in front of us."
- SHU hosts eight home games, opening the year on February 22 when the University of New Hampshire visits Campus Field
- The Pioneers play their crosstown rivals, Fairfield, March 20th
- The Pioneers will celebrate Senior Day on April 20thversus Saint Francis
The NEC Slate
- The Pioneers open NEC play with a pair of home games, hosting Bryant and CCSU, the first weekend of April
- The first league road game comes at LIU Brooklyn on April 14
- SHU welcomes the Pennsylvania members of the conference for the final two home games of the season; RMU on April 18 and Saint Francis U on April 20
- SHU plays a pair of NCAA Tournament teams from 2018; Fairfield champion of the MAAC and Wagner, the NEC Champion
- The 2019 NEC Championships will be played May 2 and 4 at the league's regular season champions home field
- The NCAA Tournament selection show is May 5, with the NEC Tournament champion earning an automatic berth
- The Pioneers open March at Vermont on March 2 before travelling to Manhattan a week later
- SHU then hosts Iona (March 13) and UMass Lowell (March 16) in its final non-conference home games of the year
- Following the game at Fairfield, the Pioneers travel to Hofstra (March 23) and close out non-conference play and the month at Brown on March 30