EMMITSBURG, M.D.-The Sacred Heart University Women's Rugby team (0-1 overall) fell to Mount Saint Mary's (1-0 overall) today 76-0.
The Mount tallied the only points in the first-half as they built a 36-0 lead at the end of the first half. The Mount would add five more tries including all five convergences as well in the second half. SHU would struggle to convert a try as the Mount's defense would be able to shut out the Pioneers by a final score of 76-0.
SHU returns to actions on Saturday, September 8 when they travel to face Brown. Game-time is set for 12:00 p.m.
- Jordan Butcher and Lauren Judkins put the Mount on the board first with two tries within the first ten minutes of the match that gave the Mountaineers a 10-0 early lead.
- Ubida Ahmed scored the next try after a long run down the right side of the pitch to put the Mountaineers ahead 17-0 after the conversion kick from Maya Grassi was good.'
- SHU halted two drives coming from Jenna Lewaren before she found the touch line on her third attempt.
- The Mountaineers added 40 more points off of six tries and five conversion kicks in the second half.
- The Mountaineers kept possession of the ball for the majority of the match and was able to shut out the SHU offense to preserve the 76-0 victory.