SPIRNGFIELD, MA.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Rugby team fell to AIC this afternoon by a final score of 22-10. The Pioneers will return to action on Saturday, Sept. 21 when SHU travels to face West Chester. Kick-off is set for 1:00 p.m.
- AIC would kick off the game by finding the touch line first at 38:38 in the opening half as Jessica Berggren would put the Yellow Jackets ahead 5-0.
- Just three minutes later though, the Pioneers would answer right back as first-year MaKinzie Youngblood would find the touchline off an assist by fellow first-year Isabel Keller at 35:31 to even the score at 5-5.
- AIC would be able to score one more try before the closing of the first half as Suley Guerrero would find the touchline at 12:17 to give the Yellow Jackets the 10-5 lead heading into the second half.
- AIC would be the first team to score in the second half as a try by Jamaya Hawkins at 34:13 propelled the Yellow Jackets to a 15-5 lead.
- The Yellow Jackets would find the touchline one more time in the game as Collen MacAdam would score a try for AIC coming at 24:08 and after a successful conversion the Yellow Jackets would take a 22-5 lead.
- SHU would be able to find the touchline one more time before the end of the game as junior Tessa Buckey would score a try for the Pioneers with just three seconds remaining in the game off an assist by fellow junior Isabel Cuddy to make the final score of the game 22-10 in favor of AIC.
SHU Scoring Summary
1 SHU 35:31 22 Youngblood Try
2 SHU 00:03 10 Buckey Try