The Sacred Heart University Women's Soccer team announced its 18-game 2019 slate on Friday. The Pioneers will host eight games on the Park Avenue Field on Sacred Heart's campus. The 2019 season will be the second under the direction of head coach Matt Micros.
Breaking It Down
- The Pioneers will play games versus opponents representing seven conferences; MAAC, AAC, Patriot, Ivy, America East, Atlantic 10 and Northeast Conference
- SHU takes on three America East foes and one Ivy, AAC, Atlantic 10 and MAAC opponent.
- The women's soccer team will open the season at Vermont on Friday, August 23 at 7:00 p.m.
The Conference Slate
- The Pioneers will play 10 opponents during the campaign, in search of an NEC Tournament berth.
- The top-four regular season teams qualify for the postseason tournament, hosted by the regular season champion
- The NEC opener is an away game at new member Merrimack on September 19th, followed by another away NEC contest versus Wagner College eight days later.
- The Pioneers will then take place in its conference home-opener on Sunday, September 29th when SHU hosts St. Francis Brooklyn at 12:00 p.m. at Park Ave Field.
- SHU will hit the road again for a pair of away games first at Robert Morris on Friday October 11th at 1:00 p.m. then two days later at St. Francis (Pa) on October 13th at 12:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers will then host two games back to back first against Mount Saint Mary's on October 25 at 3:00 p.m. followed by a five-day break before facing LIU at 3:00 p.m. on October 25th.
- SHU will then travel its final time on Sunday October 27th when they face Bryant at 12:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers conclude the regular season at home against Central Connecticut State on November 3 at 12:00 p.m.
The Home Games
- The Pioneers will be hosting eight games this season beginning with a game against Temple on Sunday, September 1 at 12:00 p.m.
- After a two-game road trip SHU will return home to face off against MAAC foe Saint Peter's on Saturday, September 14 at 12:00 p.m.
- Just eight days later, the Pioneers will host Ivy League member Dartmouth on Sunday Sept. 22 at 12:00 p.m.
- Then on Sunday September 29, the Pioneers will host St. Francis Brooklyn at 12:00 p.m. Followed by another home match on Sunday. Oct. 6 against Fairleigh Dickinson at 12:00 p.m.