The Sacred Heart University women's soccer team fell 3-1 to top-seeded Central Connecticut State University, Friday afternoon in the first semifinal of the NEC Tournament. The fourth-seeded Pioneers end the season at 9-8-2 overall, while the Blue Devils improve to 11-4-4.
The wind played a large factor in the game, blowing at 20-mph down the field. The Blue Devils broke a 1-1 halftime tie with two quick goals in the second-half, to take a 3-1 lead.
- CCSU scored twice, in a 2:52 span, early in the second-half, to break a 1-1 tie
- Erica Bardes scored into the near side of the goal, from as Emily Hogan and Allyson O'Rourke fed her the ball, at 29:43
- The Pioneers drew even with 72 seconds left in the half, when Nichol Green found the head of Meadow Mancini with a corner kick, for the goal
- Hogan knocked a shot from the top of the box off the cross bar and in, in the 57th minute, to give CCSU a 2-1 lead
- Bardes made the lead, 3-1, at 59:29, putting home a pass from Roma McLaughlin
By the Numbers
- Kipperman made eight saves for the Pioneers in net
- Bardes led CCSU with a pair of goals
- CCSU recorded eight corner kicks, all but one in the second-half
- The Blue Devils had a 22-3 advantage in shots