NEW HAVEN, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Softball team split its double-header this afternoon as the Pioneers took the first game 2-1 and fell in the second game 4-1. SHU will return to action on Friday, Apr. 19 when the Pioneers host Wagner. Game-time is set for 1:00 p.m.
SHU 2, Yale 1
- Top of the 5th inning- Senior Hailey Desrosiers would rip a single to left field scoring in Addison Landry to put the Pioneers ahead 1-0.
- Bottom of the 5th inning- A sacrifice fly by Annie Tart would score in the runner from third base to even the score at 1-1.
- Top of the 7th inning- Desrosiers would be able to seal the game winner with an RBI double scoring in senior Lindsay Spitz to push the Pioneers ahead of Yale 2-1 and to take game one away from the Bulldogs.
- The Pioneers would be able to outhit the Bulldogs 6-4 in the game.
- Senior Hailey Desrosiers led the way for the Pioneers at the plate as she went 2-4 with two RBI's and cashing in the team's only runs.
- In the circle senior Kristen McCann would be able to pick up her eighth win of the season as she went all seven innings giving up just four hits and one run while striking out six.
SHU 1, Yale 4
- Bottom of the 4th inning- An RBI single by Kortney Ponce would score the opening run of the game to put Yale ahead 1-0.
- Bottom of the 5th inning- A sacrifice bunt by Phylicia Wilkov would score in a runner to put the Bulldogs ahead 2-0.
- Top of the 6th inning- First-year Amy Petrovich would rip a single to third base scoring in sophomore Caroline Kruger to tighten the Yale lead to 2-1.
- Bottom of the 6th inning- An error and an RBI single would give the Bulldogs two runs in the inning to make the final score of the game 4-1.
- The Pioneers would be outhit by the Bulldogs 9-4 in the game.
- At the plate the Pioneers were led by Amy Petrovich who went 1-3 at the plate and tallied the team's lone RBI on the day.
- In the circle, first-year Jillian Weinstein would make her collegiate debut as she went three innings giving up just two hits and allowing no runs with one strikeout.
- Sophomore Shyanne Fennell would tally the loss as she would go 1.2 innings allowing two runs on two hits. Her record would drop to 6-6 on the year.