The Sacred Heart University women's swim team defeated visiting Manhattan College 116-89 Saturday afternoon at McCann Natatorium in Milford. The victory improves the Pioneers to 2-5 on the year, while the Lady Jaspers fall to 4-6 overall.
SHU was paced by triple winners Jillian Crosby (Port Monmouth, N.J.), Oliva (Mattapoisett, Mass.), and Caleigh Dion (Dunstable, Mass.). Anna Brown (Brookfield, Conn.) and Siobhan Goodman (Ridgewood, N.J.) both picked up two victories on the afternoon.
- The Pioneers posted top two finishes in both the 50 and 100 yard freestyles
- Decas gave the Pioneers their first individual win in the 200 freestyle, with a time of 2:02.54
- Crosby won the 50 in a time of 25.66, just ahead of teammate Renee Russo (Medford, N.J.) at 27.00
- Decas picked up her second victory in the 100 free (56.04), just .34 in front of teammate Dion
- Goodman earned her first victory with a swim of 1:03.56 in the 100 butterfly, nearly a second clear of the runner-up
- Brown earned her way into the win column with a 1:02.82 performance in the 100 backstroke, more than three second clear of second place
- Brown, Jessica Poole (Shelton, Conn.), Goodman and Dion started the afternoon with a win in the 200 medley relay in a time of 1L57.05
- SHU wrapped up the afternoon with a win in the 200 freestyle relay with Decas, Russo, Dion and Crosby combining to go 1:44.49
- The Pioneers also captured second in the finale, with Kaylyn Couzzo (West Milford, N.J.), Goodman, Brown and Nicole Sauve (Walpole, Mass.) finishing in 1:48.62
- Crosby collected her second victory with a swim of 5:22.43 in the 500 freestyle
- Sauve placed third in the 1,000 freestyle, touching at 11:32.73.