The Sacred Heart University women's swim team dropped a 163-87 decision to host Central Connecticut State University in Northeast Conference swimming action Saturday afternoon. The Pioneers conclude the dual meet portion of its season at Saint Francis Brooklyn on Saturday.
Jillian Crosby (Port Monmouth, N.J.), earned a victory for the Pioneers in the 100 freestyle and placed second in the 1,000 freestyle. Reigning NEC Rookie of the Week Jessica Poole (Shelton, Conn.) earned first place points in the 400 individual medley.
- Crosby touched first in the 100 at 54.84, giving SHU its third consecutive win in the event in dual meet action
- Caleigh Dion (Dunstable, Mass.) finished third in the 50 freestyle, at 25.31, while Olivia Decas (Mattaposiett, Mass.) placed third in the 200 at 2:01.56
DISTANCE & INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY
- Crosby event 11:02.53 in the 1,000, posting the fastest final 100 split (1:05.96) in the field
- Poole swam 4:54.22 in the 400 IM, while Katrina Dy (Matawan, N.J.) earned second place points with a swim of 5:21.51
- Dion, Renee Russo (Medford, N.J.), Decas, and Crosby combined for a 1:42.65 effort in the 200 freestyle relay, earning 11 points, in a race that had three teams within .34 seconds of each other