FINALS (Final Session Results)
The Sacred Heart University swim team had three swimmers compete in the final session of the Thursday night portion of the Northeast Conference Swimming Championship at MIT. The Pioneers have accumulated 83 points and are currently in sixth place.
The Pioneers 200 freestyle relay placed sixth with a swim of 1:37.71, just .02 shy of the school record. Jillian Crosby led off the relay with a split of 24.57, an dwas followed by Caleigh Dion (24/30), Emily Shenk (24.91) and Olivia Decas (23.84).
In the individual events, Decas improved her 50 freestyle time from the morning session, placing 15th with a swim of 24.24. Crosby finished 14th in the 500 freestyle wiht a swim of 5:08.60. Dion finished 19th, touching at 24.61.
The championship continues on Friday morning with preliminary heats beginning at 10 a.m. Friday night finals will now begin at 6:30 p.m.
PRELIMS (Prelim Session Results)
The Sacred Heart University swim team posted nine career-best swims in the Thursday prelims at the 2016 NEC Swimming Championship, with an additional two collegiate-best swims recorded.
Jillian Crosby and Oliva Decas both earned spots in the B Finals of their respective events, while Caleigh Dion will swim in the evening session as well. Thursday's final session includes the 200 freestyle relay and begins at 6 p.m
The NEC Championship is being held at MIT. Fans can watch live at NECFrontRow.com and follow along with live results.
- Crosby qualified 12th for the evening session, touching at 5:08.22, her best swim of the 2015-16 year
- Nicole Sauve placed 24th with a personal-best effort of 5:22.80
- Kaylyn Cuozzo also posted a career-best, swimming 5:31,74
200 Individual Medley
- Dee Henry was the Pioneers lone representative and swam a personal-best 2:27.31, and placed 28th
- Decas qualified 15th in the 50 freestyle, with a swim of 24.37
- Dion's fastest-ever swim of 24.43 was good for 19th place
- Emily Shenk recorded her career-best at 25.44 and placed 26th, just missing an evening swim
- Anna Brown (25.78) placed 31st and Julie Pedersen (25.84) was 32nd in career-best swims
- Siobhan Goodman recorded her best-ever 50 free in a time of 25.94, just in front of Cuozzo and her career-best effort of 26.00
- Renee Russo (25.75) and Jackie Painese (27.36) both posted collegiate-best times Thursday morning