MILFORD, CONN. (November 11, 2016)—The Sacred Heart swimming and diving team broke three pool records en route to Saturday's 158-120 victory over Assumption. Kim Hylan broke the records in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke, and was part of the 400 medley relay team.
The Pioneers have the rest of the month off before taking on the competition at the ECAC Winter Invite December 2-4 at the Nassau County Aquatic Center in Long Island, N.Y.
- Hylan led SHU to victory in the 400 medley relay. The team of Hylan, Jessica Poole, Bryana Cielo and Lauren Somers beat out the competition with a time of 4:03.74. They finished six seconds ahead of second place team of SHU's Anna Brown, Julia Pusateri, Nikole Rudis and Caleigh Dion
- Somers helped the Pioneers to another relay victory when she teamed up with Dion, Olivia Decas and Jillian Crosby to win the 200 freestyle relay in 1:39.84
- Sacred Heart had two of the top three finishers in the 200 freestyle. Somers was the top finisher in 1:56.66, while Haddow took third in 2:02.52
- The Pioneers dominated the 50 freestyle with Dion clinching the win in 25.19 seconds, and Decas (25.30) and Crosby (25.62) finishing second and third respectively
- SHU also claimed the Top 3 spots in the 100 freestyle. This time it was the rookie Somers who got the win in 53.21, followed by seniors Dion (55.02) and Decas (55.63) in second and third
- Pioneers took fourth and fifth place in the 1000 freestyle with Lindsey Dell'Isola taking fourth in 11:42.32 and Meredith Bertoni finishing fifth in 11:57.50
- Shanna Haddow was SHU's top finisher in the 500 freestyle, finishing third in 5:29.91
- Hylan set a new pool record in the 200 backstroke, winning the race in 2:10.22
- Hylan (59.72) and Brown (1:01.70) finished first and second respectively in the 100 backstroke
- Poole took home the win in the 100 breaststroke, touching the wall in 1:10.34. Less than two seconds behind her was Pusateri, who finished third
- Rudis was the Pioneers' highest finisher in the 200 butterfly taking fourth place in 2:17.58
- Poole won the 200 breaststroke in 2:32.38, and came in second as SHU's top finisher in the 200 IM
- Cielo touched the wall just one second behind Assumption's Natalia Kaczor to finish second in the 100 butterfly