The Sacred Heart University women's swimming and diving team dropped a 209-72 decision to visiting Northeast Conference foe Central Connecticut State University Saturday at the McCann Natatorium. The loss drops the Pioneers to 8-2 on the season.
Lauren Somers earned the Pioneers a victory in the 100 freestyle, touching in a time of 53.21. CCSU, the defending NEC Champions, set 11 pool records in the victory.
The Pioneers close out the dual meet portion of the 2016-17 schedule on Saturday, February 4 when they host NEC foe Saint Francis College. That meet is set for noon.
- Somers picked up a second place finish in the 200 yard freestyle missing the win by just .36, finishing in a time of 1:55.70,
- The Pioneers took second, third and fourth in the 50 freestyle, with Jillian Crosby (25.27) and Olivia Decas (25.44) finishing slightly ahead of teammate Caleigh Dion, 25.44
- Decas also picked up a third place showing the 100 freestyle at 56.14, .01 in front of Dion
- Meredith Bertoni earned a second place finish for the Pioneers in the 200 butterfly, touching at 2:21.37
- Sarah Hensal earned a second place showing the 1,000 freestyle, finishing in a time of 11:09.97
- Nicole Sauve touched third in the 500 freestyle, touching at 5:42.20, and placed fourth in the 1,000 freestyle
- Lindsay Scuoteguazza compiled 185.32 points to place third on the one-meter board
- The Pioneers 800 freestyle relay of Kim Hylan, Decas, Dion and Crosby placed second, in a time of 8:12.4