NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y.- The Sacred Heart University Swimming and Diving team concluded its quad meet at Iona this afternoon. The Pioneers fell to Wagner 164-79, edged by Saint Francis (N.Y.) 127-116 and lost to Iona 166-71. SHU returns to action on Saturday Oct. 26 when SHU competes at Stony Brook as well as face LIU. The meet begins at 12:00 p.m.
Wagner 164 - SHU 79
SFC 127 - SHU 116
Iona 166 – SHU 71
Highlights of the Day
- Sophomores Molly Martin and Meghan McLaughlin dominated the diving events this afternoon placing first and second in the 3 meter dive as Martin placed first with a score of 218.50 while McLaughlin placed second with a score 192.85.
- Martin also placed second in the one meter dive with a score of 192.85.
- In the swimming events, junior Fiona Maxwell and freshman Casey Barrett each took first and second in the 200 IM against Saint Francis (N.Y.)
- The Pioneers also swept the Terriers in the 200 backstroke as sophomores Nicole Tingley, Taylor Eck, freshman Ashley Ayala, and freshman Julia Brzezinski each touched the wall ahead of Saint Francis (N.Y.).
- In the 50 freestyle, senior Lauren Somers took fourth with a time of 24.95 and also placed second in the 100 freestyle with a time of 54.39.
- In the strokes, Tingley placed fifth in the 200 backstroke with a time of 2:14.75.