The Sacred Heart University women's track and field team competed at the Boston Quadrangular meet on Saturday afternoon. Olivia Weiss won the 1000m to highlight the Pioneers effort.
The Pioneers return to action on Friday, travelling back to Boston at the John Thomas Terrier Women's Invitational.
- Weiss broke the tape at 2:59.54 to win the event, with a New England qualifying time
- Samantha Curran also recorded a New England qualifying standard with a throw of 12.86 in the shot put; good for fourth place
- Bianca De Lucia had a personal-best effort in the 800m, crossing as the team's top finisher at 2:19.83, good for fifth place
- Antonia Hoyos jumped 11.26 in the triple jump, to earn third place
- Amy Vegliante also earned third place, in the pole vault, with a top vault of 3.35m
- Adrianna Forcucci earned a berth in the finals of the 60m with a prelim run of 8.07, and placed fourth with a finals time of 8.14
- Lisa Jacobson and Jillian Kilmer both posted jumps of 1.55m in the high jump, tying for fourth place
- Nicole Szilagyi and Lisa Jacobsen each earned a finals berth in the hurdles, with Szilagyi placing sixth with a time of 9.59 and Jacobson eighth at 9.76
- Brianna Lavinier placed fourth in the weight throw, with a personal-best throw of 14.49m
- Madelyn Bradway also had a personal-best in the weight, placing sixth with a throw of 14.29m