The Sacred Heart University indoor track and field teams competed at the DeSchriver Invitational, hosted by East Stroudsburg University on Saturday. Several Pioneers performed well, highlighted by top finishes in numerous events.
SHU returns to action on Saturday at the 14thAnnual Giegengack Invitational at Coxe Cage in New Haven, Conn.
- Tara Brody had a personal-best long jump of 5.05, second place overall and tops amongst collegiate competitors
- Brody also placed third in the triple jump, with a leap of 10.58m
- Anna Pirkl ran a personal-best, and placed eighth, in the mile at 5:49.71
- Molly Kearns also had a personal-best and an eighth-place finish, with a shot put result of 11.24m
- Delaney Kimball ran a season-best 3,000m to place fifth in a time of 11:03.90
- SHU placed third and fourth in the 55m hurdles with Nicole Szilagyi (8.98) and Lisa Jacobsen (9.04)
- Jacobsen also tied for second in the high jump, clearing 1.55m
- Grace Glennon was the Pioneers top finisher in the 55, dash with a time of 7.64
- Jaime Maggio cleared 2.90m in the pole vault, good for fourth place
- Sarah Dupuis was the Pioneers lone representative in the 5,000, posting a time of 20.39.5