FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Softball team split its double-header this afternoon against Quinnipiac as the Pioneers took the first game 5-4 and fell in the second by a score of 8-6. SHU returns to action on Saturday Apr. 13 when the Pioneers begin a four game road-stand beginning at Saint Francis U. First-pitch is set for 1:00 p.m.
SHU 5, QU 4
- Bottom of the 3rd Inning- A RBI double by graduate student Fallon Bevino would score in the team's first run of the game to put SHU ahead 1-0.
- Bottom of the 3rd Inning- Shortly after the Bevino RBI double, first-year Amy Petrovich would knock in a single to left field scoring in Bevino to put the Pioneers ahead 2-0.
- Bottom of the 3rd Inning- Sophomore Kylee Harvey would then fire off a triple to right field scoring in Petrovich to put SHU ahead 3-0.
- Top of the 5th Inning- A hit batsman with the bases loaded would score in a run for Quinnipiac to cut the SHU lead to 3-1.
- Bottom of the 5th Inning- An two RBI single by Jennie Boisvert would get SHU back up by four as she scored in Addison Landry and Bevino to put SHU ahead 5-1.
- Top of the 6th Inning- An RBI single and a two run homer by Quinnipiac would tighten the SHU lead to 5-4 put the Pioneers would hold on for the 5-4 victory.
- Sophomore Shyanne Fennell would have a dominate day in the circle giving up just one hit and one earned run on the day. She also tallied three strikeouts in the 4.1 innings she pitched to pick up her sixth win of the season.
- The Pioneers outhit the Bobcats nine to five in the game.
- Leading the way for the Pioneers at the plate was Fallon Bevino as she went 2-4 at the plate with two doubles and an RBI.
SHU 6, QU 8
- Bottom of the 1st Inning- The Pioneers would tally four runs in the first inning beginning with a an 2 RBI double by Katelyn Christian to put SHU ahead 2-0.
- Bottom of the 1st Inning- Sophomore Kylee Harvey would fire off her first career home run to left center scoring in two to put the Pioneers up 4-0.
- Bottom of the 2nd Inning- Fallon Bevino would knock in an RBI single to center field scoring in Cierra Casale to put the Pioneers ahead 5-0.
- Top of the 4th Inning- The fourth inning would belong all to Quinnipiac as they would tally six runs in the inning starting with a two RBI double to center field to make the score 5-2 SHU.
- Top of the 4th Inning- The next batter would then knock in an RBI single through the right side to tighten the SHU lead to 5-3.
- Top of the 4th Inning- Then Quinnipiac would fire off a two run homer to even the score at 5-5.
- Top of the 4th Inning- The Bobcats would go back to back homers to give Quinnipiac a 6-5 lead heading into the sixth inning.
- Bottom of the 4th Inning- The Pioneers would come back to tie the game up at six courtesy of a Boisvert walk with the bases loaded to make the score 6-6.
- Top of the 6th Inning- A two RBI single would give the Bobcats the eventual 8-6 victory and to split the two game set.
- The Pioneers would get outhit the game 11 to six.
- At the plate, junior Katelyn Christian led the way tallying two RBI's while going 1-3 at the plate.
- In the circle senior Kristen McCann would tally the loss dropping her overall record to 6-10 on the year.